Who are you then?
I’m Dan Bissonnet: a designer and developer based in London. I enjoy making high-quality websites.
BackgroundOriginally, I trained in Fine Art – at Kingston University and Goldsmiths College in London – and I still produce and exhibit work, but in parallel with my art practice, I have always enjoyed producing designs and websites: first for myself and then for other people.
Now I am able to use my passion for good design and communicating ideas to help people establish and develop their own presence on the web.
I love technology!
- (X)HTML, CSS
- These are the underlying languages that I use to express the needs of the site. I get a real kick out of making well-structured, semantic and accessible code which will stand the test of time!
- WordPress is the flexible blogging and content management system I use most of the time. It is simple to administer, well supported and I can customise it using PHP to suit the needs of a wide range of projects.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- The workhorses of digital design, from producing mock-ups to design elements to testing ideas. They are de facto industry standard for a reason.
- Pen and paper
- Sometimes the old tools are the best tools. Sketching and drawing are often the quickest way to express an idea – it’s visual thinking at its most direct. And there are no worries about incompatible file formats!